Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm baaaaccckkkk

Hello lovelies,
I know it has been quite a while since I have last posted. Grad school kept me way way way busier than I thought it would. All I know is that today was my last day of summer grad school and it feels GLORIOUS! I am have never been so excited to be done. I have one last paper to write and then Monday I get to meet my mentor teacher. I can't wait to see where this adventure takes me! However y'all don't come to this blog to listen to me blather about grad school. I do have quite a funny (iny opinion) story. So I have been working out and it is safe to say I love it. It feels absolutely amazing to be active and I feel great! Now you maybe asking yourself " alright fat Barbie when does the funny come into play? You're sounding super self righteous right meow." Hence this is the funny part. So SkinnhyBitch has long since been doing these excersises but I recently started ( she probably does it better but hey I am willing to take second place in this) My trainer made me do these things called box jumps. It is exactly what it sounds like. There's a box that is a certain height ( I think mine was 2-3 feet) and the person doing box jumps has to jump on top of the box. Simple right.? WRONG...physically it is sooooo simple but mentally it takes a lot of something. It is all about believing that you tank you can jump on top of this freaking box. So I have to do 10 of these jumps and I get to jump 6 and then I have a complete mental flip. I catch my leg on the box and all I can think is I am about to smash my face against this freaking box and that's going to hurt so badly. But out of nowhere I develop these Catwoman like skills and I catch myself before I can fall and bust my face!!!! Score 1 for Fat Barbie!! My trainer was super impressed. She couldn't believe how gracefully I caught myself. Needless to say I was as proud as a peacock! Then the trainer decides I needed to do more work. So she has me doing burpees. Burpees are the tool of the devil much like pencils. To do burpees you have to drop down into a push up and then jump up. Then you repeat doesn't sound hard does it? Lies it was awful but as I finished doing burpees I felt so good! It was amazing... Being so excited I texted SkinnyBitch and told her all about my new found Catwoman abilities. SkinnyBitch gave the appropriate responses and helped build my Fat Barbie Catwoman ego. That amazing feeling definitely carried over into the week! I will hopefully have another funny story after my workout today! I will keep all y'all posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment